Tax Credit

Arizona Public School Tax Credit

The AZ Public School Tax Credit allows you to contribute up to $400 for married couples ($200 for individuals) to the Khalsa Activity Fund and receive a dollar-for-dollar credit on your Arizona State tax liability. You will help support our charter school extracurricular activities and save money on your taxes at the same time.

The AZ Public School Tax Credit helps you save even more than you give! Your donation amount will reduce your state tax bill dollar-for-dollar or be refunded back to you if your taxes withheld are more than you owe. Plus, you may also take a deduction on your federal taxes for a charitable donation! When you add the state credit and federal deduction, you actually save more money than you give!


How will your gift be used?

The donated funds will be spent to expand special learning education activities for Khalsa Montessori School children. In the past years, the Khalsa Montessori Activity Fund has been used to continue enriching student learning through all of our special character education programs like gardening, yoga, Spanish, and monthly field trips connected to curriculum studies. These programs allow students to apply character traits of responsibility, compassion, attentiveness, truthfulness, respect, diligence, sincerity, and virtue. Students showcase their talents at the annual holiday program performances. Donations also enabled us to off er more activity fee discounts to the growing number of families who needed this assistance.

How Do I Donate?

You have two options:

  1. Click here to use our online donation page. Make sure you designate your contribution to the Khalsa Activity Fund.
  2. Drop off a check, made payable to “Khalsa Montessori Elementary School” along with your completed Activity Fund gift form.

Mail your check to*:
Khalsa Montessori School
2536 N. 3rd St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004

*When mailing a check, please include the completed Activity Fund gift form.

The school will send you a receipt and will send a report to the state indicating your name and gift amount.

Which Tax Forms Do I Use?

  1. State – File Form 301 and Form 322 with your Arizona State income tax return to report your donation and receive your credit.
  2. Federal – Include your contribution on your itemized charitable contributions deductions to decrease your Federal tax liability.