Primary Extended Care
Extended care (both in the morning and afternoon) is available to all Toddler, Primary, and Kindergarten students through the Primary School. Families may choose to sign up for partial extended care up to two hours for $130 per month or for full extended care up to four hours for $180 per month. Child care is also available to enrolled children during winter and spring vacations, teacher-in-service days, and parent-teacher conference days.
Our school year calendar includes the dates covered by our vacation program. For more information, please consult the Tuition Rates page.
Khalsa Elementary Extended Care
Khalsa Extended Care, offered by Khalsa Montessori Elementary School, provides care for elementary-aged students before school, after school and during in-service or vacation days. Care is provided in a fun and supportive environment with consistency of basic Montessori principles. Students will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of structured and unstructured activities, indoors and outdoors. The program will also offer students a space and time to work on homework.
The program is operated along Department of Health Service guidelines and annually inspected to maintain compliance. The staff is CPR and First Aid certified and undergoes annual training mandated by the department. All staff employed in the after school program will maintain a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card (FCC).
Khalsa Extended Care is offered throughout the school year, with the exception of one week during Winter Break in December, two-week Teacher Set-Up weeks in August, all federal holidays observed per the school year calendar, the Wednesday prior to the Thanksgiving Break, The Friday prior to Winter Break, and the last day of school.
Khalsa Elementary Extended Care program (EEC) offers several options for families in need of student care outside regular school hours. Rates are based on care options that are chosen for a student:
- AM Care Only – Early morning care ONLY 7:30am – 8:00am (Separate Form)
- Partial Extended Care – Up to 2 hours per day (morning and afternoon)
- Full Extended Care – 2 to 4 hours per day (morning and afternoon)
- Vacation Care* – Designed for partial and full day In-Service dates including Parent Teacher Conferences, one week of Winter Break and the week of Spring Break.
* Please refer to the school year calendar for dates when Vacation Care is NOT offered.
Rates: Early Drop-Off/Extended Pick-Up
- AM Care Only $360/year
- Partial Extended Care (up to 2 hours) $190/month
- Full Extended Care (2 – 4 hours) $220/month
Rates: Vacation Care
Tier 1: 11:30 Release In-service & Parent Teacher Conferences: $25.00/month
(6 dates: 8/12, 8/13, 11/1, 11/8, 4/27, 5/15)
Tier 2: All partial and full In-Service Days & Parent/ Teacher Conferences: $55.00/month
(6 partial dates: 8/12, 8/13, 11/1, 11/8, 4/27, 5/15 and 8 full dates: 9/13, 10/7, 11/15, 1/6, 2/7, 3/9, 4/10, 5/8)
Tier 3: Full Vacation Care: $90.00/month
(All dates within Tier 1 and Tier 2, plus Vacation weeks: 12/30, 12/31, 1/2, 1/3, and 3/16-3/20)
KHALSA MONTESSORI ELEMENTARY EXTENDED CARE FINANCIAL POLICY
–An annual administrative fee of $50.00 will be charged per family to manage billing.–
Extended Care Payment Terms:
- Extended Care Payments are due by the 1st of each month.
- The first months payment is due at the time of registration.
- Payments will be accepted by check (made payable to KMES), cash (exact amount only since cash is not held at the school), or by debit/credit card via the Khalsa PayPal platform (this requires recurring payments to be set up).
- Payments not received by the 10th will incur a delinquency fee of $30.
- Parents who utilize the Extended Care Program beyond the Preferred Hours registered for will incur Late or Early Arrival fees per the Late Fee Policy.
- If a family does not pay the fees based on the terms of this agreement, families will not be able to utilize the Extended Care service and you will be called if the student is not picked up at the end of the school day.
- Families can adjust the Extended Care Agreement by utilizing the Schedule Change Form. Fees will be adjusted accordingly. A 20 day notice is required. This form is available at the office or online.
- Extended Care Fees are non-refundable due to absences.
- Extended Care Fees are based on the whole year spread evenly over 10- months. Rates do not fluctuate based on the number of actual school days in any given month.
- Monthly payment will be based on chosen hours and Vacation Care options. This amount will be determined once the contract is completed.
2019-20 Extended Care Registration Form
2019-20 Extended Care Online Registration Form
(Please contact the office to register.)
In addition to students who are registered for Khalsa Extended Care, emergency care as per the school’s Elementary Late Pick-Up Policy will be provided to those students whose parents are unable to arrive within the grace period for student pick up at the end of the school day or any other scheduled activity such as extra curricular classes. Parents who utilize emergency care will be billed $10 per 30 minutes for the first two emergencies and $25 per 30 minute for each subsequent one. Parents with a balance due past 15 days will be notified in writing and emergency care will not be provided until any outstanding balance has been paid in full.
Extended Care Student Pick-up
Students will only be released to parents or caregivers who are authorized per the Emergency Form (Blue Card) completed annually at School Year Registration. Parents are requested to keep the form updated throughout the school year. Caregivers coming to pick up a student for the first time will be asked to show a valid form of ID before student is released. Parents are urged to share information about the location, process and manner of pickup when a caregiver is coming for the first time. Students will not be released to anyone younger than 18 yrs without written communication.
Students are to be picked up no later than 6pm. A late fee of $1 per minute will begin to accrue at 6pm. The Khalsa Extended Care Director will attempt to call the parent at 6pm. If neither parent is reachable, the staff will attempt to contact each of the Emergency Contacts listed on the Emergency Form.